Wednesday, June 23, 2010

post number 117


Here are the clutch springs that I got from Fox valley spring company earlier this week. They are really nice and well made


The three shiny covers are pieces that My friend Paul made for me in missouri. The original is on the right. They are really nice copies! thanks paul



HEre are the clutch plates. Steve Huntzinger set me up with a good contact for bonding kevlar to the plates and I just got them in the mail today. The coating is on both sides of the male notched plate and adds .034 thickness to each plate which means that you end up running three plates of each style rather than four so that your clutch pack is the same thickness. The added benefit of having actual lining compared to just steel on steel is totally worth it.




My dad cut all of my valves yesterday. Here is a good pic of one of the exhaust valves where you can see the lapped in area. It is about two thirds up on the seating face. This is how we set up knucklehead seats and they work good, so it would only make sense that it would work on a spacke engine. The exhaust stem to guide clearance is .oo6 and the intakes are set up at .004

No comments:

Post a Comment