Thursday, April 29, 2010

post number 79


Here is the set up for cutting the taper in the bottom frame rail. There is a .110 taper over 8.625 inches. I don't know why anyone would even bother to design such a small taper into a manufactured part. I have no choice but to replicate it, since I want the frames to be perfect. This is a finished piece after cutting and filing. It turned out really well. The wall thickness at the small end is still .125 , so it is far superior to an og frame.


The first step was to cut the one end down to .745, then I set it up in the lathe between centers and cut away.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a great project that you have going on! It is raining (yeaha) so I finally had a chance to be inside and go through this blog - starting at post #1. Keep up the cool work. I hope to meet you at the Kennedy High Open House this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe, I didn't make it to the open house, you should come to our pre sturgis party. Hope all is well in your world

    ReplyDelete