Tuesday, April 27, 2010

post number 75

Check out this neat setup for machining out the muffler castings that I just got. This seems to work well, I can get them dialed in within fifty thousandths which is pretty good for a rough sand casting lol.

These two castings were the samples from the run that I made. The foundry was a little excessive when they ground the flash off of the end. I had to cut this one up a little to turn it into a use able piece. Luckily they hadn't ground any of the other ones. I like doing that work myself, then if it gets messed up I can only be mad at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment