Tuesday, February 2, 2010

post number 43


I got a package in the mail today from my friend Steve in CA. he sent me his patterns for sears mufflers. They are really beautiful, but I have no idea how they work! All of the parts that I cast are lost wax. Patterns like this are totally new for me. I am sending them to my foundry at the end of the week.

This is for the end piece, it is very nicely made.



Check out the nos linkages that Steve set me up with! They are for my carb and magneto linkages





Here are the baffles.

1 comment:

  1. Will the muffler be cast brass or aluminum? You'll have to post pics at your foundry!

    If you need more of those ball and socket linkage joints, call Mike Vils, or check McMaster Carr, they are available new. Might not have the correct thread pitch, (1/4-24 ?) but that isn't a big deal if you are making the rods to match.

    ciao
    Pete

    ReplyDelete