Saturday, November 14, 2009

post number 18

Here is the steel that I started with for the primary cover for my sears. I don't have much experience with this type of work, so I figured that I might scrap 2 of them trying to make 1. i only scrapped 1, so that is a good deal!

here they are cut out and ready for some mill work. I used tin snips to cut up the blanks, it took forever.

Here is a pic of cutting the big hole on the rotary table.

And the little hole!

This is the one that I scrapped, I tried to bend the edges over on the buck with out cutting slits in the radius sections. The metal needs a place to go. I guess it is all part of learning. Check out below to see the rest of the steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment