Monday, September 28, 2009

Post 3


Well, today was a great day. I talked with Matt Smith from Oregon about building a Sears for the Cannonball race, and he said that it was a great idea. He told me that they are great running engines, and also told me that the spacke engine will be as reliable as the other 100 year old bikes in the race.
I have had mixed signals from a lot of different people regarding whether or not I should use a spacke engine, with that being said I was a little weary of moving forward in this direction. I have known Matt Smith since I was in middle school and I hold his opinion in a high regard. I am jumping in the deep end folks. I will probably build a sears, although I may change my mind and build a Dayton or an Eagle. Time will tell, but for now, I have made up my mind, I am using a spacke motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment