Friday, September 10, 2010

post number 141

well folks,
it has been a while since I did an update. I am writing this post at three in the morning after the first official day of the cannonball. I broke down with carb problems earlier and it was a real bummer. I have been tinkering on my sears non stop since I left. It is the hardest thing that I have ever worked on or done. I love the challenge and am making a ton of new friends and working on neat bikes. I am helping a friend re build his 1911 hd motor in the parking lot. we should be done in three or four hours!
I got a speeding ticket on my sears yesterday going 47 in a 35

I hitched a ride over a bridge by grabbbing onto a friends truck going 65 mph

When I broke down, somebody stopped by and gave me an apple and a little thing of peanut butter like the ones that are handed out at restaurants. I didn't have any silver ware, so I ate it with a rock lol.

I am having an amazing time working on my bike and all sorts of other off brands that I never thought I would get to work on! I love my life. Hope all is well in yours

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I'm following your journey with great interest. Scott A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I'll give you $10 for the bike right now. Cash. You'll never see it again. OK? Thanks, Paul your friend in LA and Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Matt, I really feel for you and I'm also impressed! To cope with that much stress and work with the buildup, then speeding ticket, carb trouble, three engine buildups and on top of that your beautiful bike down and yourselve suffer with cuts and a broken arm. That must be elidgeable for cannonball bad luck award. What's impressive and the good part is that you really pulled it off and got to the starting line! There's always another challenge ahead!I wish you heal well and speedy recovery.
    Charlie101

    ReplyDelete